Sunday, December 23, 2012

92. Christmas Tree

When I had been to a dear ones home for Christmas party 2 days back, my mom in la asked a question seeing her beautifully decorated artificial Fir tree.........“ what is the significance of Christmas Tree”. And heard many answers which triggered me to learn more about the tradition of Christmas Tree.
After doing a small browsing....I read that there is no exact explanation of why and when the Fir tree and other trees in different parts of the world started being used as Christmas tree. But it has a story. A brief history behind the tree is quite interesting, which can be found in this link

Lastly I gained that different countries have different traditions in decorating the tree.

Finally the tree has the sign of everlasting life with God, indicating start of spring.
Few of the clicks of beautiful Christmas trees around.....








Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Christmas tree Awsome. If there is no christmas tree, the Christmas day is incomplete. I decorated my home plants as lady palms as christmas trees.

    ReplyDelete